Friday, October 24, 2008

Who IS Lisa??

Hey everybody!!
Here's a little intro on yours truly and why she is talking about herself here..

My name is Lisa Kwan, a 1st year student undergoing my Bachelor's Degree in Education for the Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL) in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Bangi, Selangor.

As part of an assignment for Computer in Education, my beloved lecturer (Associate Prof. Dr. Ramlee Mustapha - who's pretty cute in many ways!) has asked us to create an academic blog (academic cos it has to do with education, see?). I think it is a pretty interesting idea.

Well, to begin, let me tell you a little bit of myself (hence, the title of my blog)..

I hail from Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. Sorry, though, I can't speak the local Negeri loghat. I am the oldest of 3 siblings, with 2 younger brothers; 1 in Form 6, the other in Form 4. Both my parents are educators, although my mother quit teaching in 1997 to "take care of us children". My father however, is still teaching after 25 years (almost half his life!). He teaches Form 6 Chemistry, and, in case you were wondering, yes, he taught me too!

I love reading and writing fictional short stories..I can't even begin to describe what it is like to read a short-story that you have painstakingly written; each word your own! I even have a couple of them published, but that's a different story...

Currently, I'm crazy over Jodi Picoult's books. She's a great story-teller. So far, I have read "My Sister's Keeper", "Vanishing Acts", "Perfect Match", "Nineteen Minutes", "The Tenth Circle", "Salem Falls" and "The Pact". Someday (not too far away a day I hope!) I intend to have her whole collection of novels in my personal library. For those of you who have not read any of her books, shame on you! I recommend reading "My Sister's Keeper" (which is being made into a movie starring Cameron Diaz, and is due to be released next year) as the 1st book. Because, after that, you will definitely, most certainly, without a doubt, join the Jodi Picoult fan club!

Hm, regarding my education background, I was in SK Taman Rasah Jaya, then moved on to SMK Bukit Mewah and finally to SMK King George V, Seremban, before being accepted (thankfully) into the National University of Malaysia!

Which brings me back to why I'm writing in this academic blog of mine. So far, life in UKM has been good. Great friends, great lecturers..and not forgetting the food (not really)!

Anyway, for this blog to be a success, I hope you guys would visit here often to check out what's new in my life as a future teacher, or teacher-in-training, read up on latest articles and educational journals, and comment on anything that crosses your mind! I don't wanna get lonesome waiting here, so I eagerly await your response!

Lisa ^^,

No comments: